Cathedral of St. Stephen in Pavia
Year: 2009-2012 - Location: Pavia, Italy
Works for static improvement and scientific restoration; 39.000 ft².
The Cathedral of Pavia, founded in 1488 and built following the stamp of Bramante is the third in Italy for the dome size. Following the collapse of the adjacent Civic (Bell)Tower, in 1989, a series of safety measures before then and renovations and consolidations have been implemented, grouped in a systematic way with a program agreement signed in 2004, whose purpose was to return the Cathedral to the townspeople.
The works, under completition, involved the consolidation of the masonry vaults, of the wooden roofing, of the vertical walls, the review of systems, the implementation of the new heating system with radiant panels, as well as works to adapt to the liturgical norms set by the Second Vatican Council.