Almo Collegio Borromeo
Year: 1996-2005 - Location: Pavia, Italy
Restoration of the historical building of the Hall of residence (oldest one for merit in Italy, 1564), static strenghtening of the monumental open gallery, gardens renovation.
Located in south-eastern sector of the city of Pavia, the university hall of residence building was designed by Pellegrino Pellegrini and is one of the major monuments of Lombardy. An organic planning of the interventions, from 1961, led the operations of consolidation, restoration, retrofit of electrical and fire protection systems and recovery of space addressed to teaching activities and to increase the accommodation capacity for students.
The most significant works are represented by the restoration of the courtyard facades and of the external once aimed to securing the ledge corbels and the columns of the lodge and to the materials conservation and restoration.